Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Chic Luggage



In the words of my favorite stylist Rachel Zoe:
“For those of us who are always on the go, there is no accessory more crucial than a travel bag. Both fashionable and functional, they get our most cherished belongings from A to B while updating our look at the same time."

It has been quite a whirlwind fall, what with Auburn football games, a wonderful wedding in Grand Rapids, and a fun family-friend trip to Cleveland, Ohio to see Johnny Cash's tour bus! The work travel has also been a continuous fun adventure through my cities throughout the southeast each week for work.

I love all of the wonderful people and friends I have met during my travels around the country and state of Alabama; however, I was getting extremely frustrated with how cumbersome packing and unpacking during the trip and repacking to go home was getting. I purchased luggage 4 years ago when I first started my career and had not purchased any new luggage since it was time for a serious upgrade from my JC Penney luggage, circa 2006. It finally came down to when I went to Panama City to see some clients and I walked into my aunt's house she asked "where's your luggage?" I held up the two wal-mart plastic bags and said I have given up on luggage, and until I find better luggage I am going to continue to represent the state of Alabama in true southern style like a redneck!

I went on an online search for some functional yet not super-expensive "overnight luggage" and to my surprise QVC actually won my bid. Now if you are like me, you're definitely not a QVC watcher. I actually get very bored with QVC on television because I would rather shop in person or shop online. I actually found them through google and that is how I found this new luggage piece!

This lady named Lori Grenier makes these fabulous overnight bags that have an attached toiletry bag on the inside lining. You can hang the hook on the handle, or it snaps off and you can take it in the bathroom and hang it on the towel rack. The make-up case has a snap allowing you to snap your make-up to the toiletry bag in the bathroom, so you have everything you need in one place!!!

I have only been on one business trip with my new luggage (a conference at the Westin in Buckhead) and I have never spent such little time "re-packing" my suitcase after having been there for 2 nights! The nice thing about this is when I get home I just have to unload the clothes for the dry cleaners and I can leave the rest until the next trip, and it can sit in the corner of the bedroom with the cute leopard print for the one or two days I will be home until I need to pack it again.

This is a must-have for any person who is a weekend traveler or a 1-2 night business traveler like myself! I paid around $75.00 with shipping and handling and is the best money I have ever spent!

I also purchased the weekender tote bag to hold my pretty high heels. It also comes with jewelry bags and a garment bag, which I figure I can use as a matching tote bag to - as always - look adorable and chic, but organized!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment